-
April 17th, 2005, 12:25 AM
#2511
Senior Hostboard Member
Oh yes. There is minor lag during battles, although im currently only travelling with Ryudo and Elena. I'll try using other spells and getting into encounters with more enemies as well to push this further, i want to see how bad it gets in comparison. I remember seeing horrible lag when my friend played his copy of the game, and he was much further than me.
I'll try fiddling with the sound effects too, i'd like to establish if its as bad as the PC version.
Ive also bought a 120Gb hard drive and HD Advance, which will enable me to install the game onto the PS2. Hopefully this should help things out a bit as far as the frame rates concerned.
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ April 16, 2005 11:42 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>
-
April 30th, 2005, 09:15 AM
#2512
Inactive Member
Started G2 again on DC, had to buy a new DC though. got it for 25$ from a friend's friend's friend (Yes, seriously :P), though. Playing G2 on and off.
Playing WC3 on and off.
iRO on and off.
WoW on and off.
I've been too busy reading and other stuff to actualyl be engrossed in a game or anime.
-
April 30th, 2005, 09:36 AM
#2513
Senior Hostboard Member
Playing Guilty Gear X2: #Reload online. Got it just today, after much searching and setbacks. This is rarer than the PS2 version (at least in europe), so im pleased to own it.
Ok, heres my review of GGX2#R for Xbox:
Graphics: Exact same as the PS2 version, only HDTV compatible and in 60Hz as standard. Technically an improvement, but you wont notice the difference. Everything is as smmoth and colourful as it was, and the new moves available in Reload fit in perfectly. No gripes whatsoever, for a 2D fighter, i can see no improvement. 10/10
Music: Everything retained, with the inclusion of a few more tracks for Reload. I enjoy the music, but i still miss some of the more catchy themes from the original Guilty Gear for PSX. 8/10
Gameplay: Improved balance on GGX2. Looking at the changes for GGX2#R/, i'd say this is the best incarnation of the system yet. Survivial mode has a better difficulty gradient, there are 50 more missions in Mission mode, and Robo Ky is now playable with more unique moves and a renovated balance. 10/10
Online Play: I cant emphasise how thrilled i was to see the words "Xbox Live" on the much-loved circular main menu, but fortunately it provided more than just a novelty value. Including ranking scoreboards, friend lists, head to head battles and a flexible filter option, im very satisfied with what it can do. Its very well presented, however, frustratingly there is no way to add friends without going to the Xbox Dashboard.
Now on with the main issue: lag. So far, ive played three different people online (each for about 20 battles), two with an "excellent" bandwidth rating, and one with a "low" bandwidth rating". I only experienced an occasional minor slowdown with the one "low" bandwidth user. It was bearable, and i enjoyed my 20 games against him: the games against the other users played just as it would in 2 Player. This feature has been overly-criticized, however i can imagine there would be a problem in matches where headsets are used. Fortunately, all the players seemed to have the common sense not to use them.
Everything is all well and good when you get a match underway, however, i did struggle to find an opponant at times. It took around 20 minutes before i found someone to play. That said. although this game isnt very popular, if you simply gather a load of gamertags from GGX2 fansites, or even the scoreboards, your more than likely to find yourself a match on a regular basis. Especially if you add me [img]wink.gif[/img] 9/10
Controls: It works, but i prefer the PS2 controller. The D-pad on the Xbox controller didnt make for very good sliding, so i ended up using the analog stick. Ive bought myself a Xbox-PS2 controller converter on eBay to sort this out for myself, however i would no doubt have gotten used to it with practice. 7/10
Overall: For a mere $20 (?15) the online play alone was worth it. Im also very glad to receive the Reload update in this package. Controller qualms aside, this is worth every true Guilty Gear fans attention. 8.8/10
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ April 30, 2005 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>
-
April 30th, 2005, 08:51 PM
#2514
Senior Hostboard Member
I guess I'll give it a try. And yeah, guild wars for me, but not all day. Sometimes I have to check grana as well(daily 2-3) [img]tongue.gif[/img] Anyone plays besides me?
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ April 30, 2005 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Hell Knight ]</font>
-
May 1st, 2005, 04:43 PM
#2515
Senior Hostboard Member
Guild Wars Friggin RAWKS LIKE HELL (Knight)
I was at his place and tried it out! it's so damn beautiful! I love it love it love it! I1m gonna start working next week, and my birthday is on the 5th of May, i'm pretty sure I'm gonna get it! I ask for money from everyone!!
Here's my char, a few pics I made, hawt ones too XD! I love her hair omg! *drools* *___*
Picture1
Picture2
Picture3
Hawt!1
Hawt!2
Hawt!3
Cold Cave
Awesome Hair Style!
*speechless*
-
May 1st, 2005, 04:57 PM
#2516
Inactive Member
LOL@Dreamer.
OMG I played Red Faction 2 some today!
-
May 1st, 2005, 06:50 PM
#2517
Inactive Member
hmm, this Guild War, is it an MMORPG? hmm, I'm not familiar with this title at all, but it looks good!
Right now, I'm seriously considering buying GGX-2 Reload for the Xbox (inspired by Cat, heh). What I must first ascertain, is whether or not XBOX LIVE is still active for me...and if it isn't, whether or not it's worth me starting it up again...
-
May 1st, 2005, 06:57 PM
#2518
Senior Hostboard Member
MMORPG with no fees. So you buy it and play it, it's simple XD
-
May 1st, 2005, 06:59 PM
#2519
Inactive Member
awesome!! that already is a big plus!! What's the gameplay like?
-
May 1st, 2005, 07:01 PM
#2520
HB Forum Owner
WRT Guild Wars: Looks good, the website is great. Too bad I don't have time for MMORPGs, otherwise I'd consider playing. There's Ragnarok Online 2 too, which looks very promising.
No fees? That's even better, but only if you're going to play it for a long time. I've only paid 9.69? for what I played of Ragnarok Online.
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ May 01, 2005 04:03 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks